This Page

has been moved to new address

Peanut Butter Lover's Rice Krispie Treats

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Peanut Butter Lover's Rice Krispie Treats

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Lover's Rice Krispie Treats



Did you know that November is Peanut Butter Lover's Month?  A whole month dedicated to us PB Lovers?!  How much better can you get?  Maybe a PB and Chocolate Lover's month?  Who knows, that may exist.  There are so many food "holidays" that I have no idea about.  I couldn't let this month go by and not share at least one amazing Peanut Butter recipe.  I got this recipe from Kim over at Liv Life, and it is truly amazing!  You combine so many great things into one little bar.  You have Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, Peanut Butter Fudge, Rice Krispie Treats, Mini Peanut Butter Cups, and finally a layer of chocolate....Pure Heaven!!  They are a little labor intensive, but so worth it!  AND Ablsolutely NO Baking!!!  Probably not what you will bring to Thanksgiving dinner, but these would be awesome on Friday after you get back from Black Friday shopping, and are eating that leftover turkey sandwich!  Or maybe even the sugar you need to get up early enough to get all the great deals!




Do you go Black Friday Shopping?  What do you shop for?

Peanut Butter Lover's Rice Krispie Treats
From Liv Life
Printable Recipe

1st Layer
3 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 bag miniature marshmallows
2 Tbls  butter
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter 
2nd Layer 
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2  cups powdered sugar
 
1 container Mini Peanut Butter cups

3rd Layer
3 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 bag miniature marshmallows
2 Tbls butter
4th Layer
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 bag chocolate chips
Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
 
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the marshmallows, butter, and peanut butter together.  Add Rice Krispies, stirring well to evenly coat. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.  Set aside.  
In a large microwave safe bowl combine the butter and peanut butter.  Cover with plastic wrap.  Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes.  Be careful when you remove from the microwave, it is very hot.  Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and stir to combine.  Spread over the 1st layer.  Sprinkle the mini peanut butter cups over the fudge, lightly pressing down.  Put in the fridge for about 1 hour to cool. 
After fudge is a little bit firm, make the second layer of Rice Krispie Treats. 
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter together.  Add Rice Krispies, stirring well to evenly coat.  Lightly press the cereal together and spread onto of the fudge layer.   

For the chocolate layer, melt the peanut butter and chocolate in the microwave, stirring ever 45 seconds.  Once melted, pour over the Rice Krispie treats.  Gently shake the pan to evenly distribute the melted chocolate mixture.
Place back in the fridge for about 30 minutes for the chocolate to harden.  Cut and serve once fully cooled. 

 

Labels: , , , ,

38 Comments:

At November 22, 2011 at 5:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drooool! These are just for me right? Why thank you.

 
At November 22, 2011 at 7:20 AM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

I did not know that it's national peanut butter month! These look AH-mazing. Seriously good.

 
At November 22, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Erin, these really look delicious. I love to visit here and I never leave empty handed. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I really enjoy the time I spend here. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

 
At November 22, 2011 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Ann from Sumptuous Spoonfuls said...

Oh my gosh Erin, those bars look SO over the top wonderful! I am a total peanut butter fanatic ... I would probably eat the whole pan myself!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous Kiri W. said...

Oh WOW. MMMMMM. That looks amazing. I;m not sure whether to stare at that chocolate top or the peanut butter layer.
Curses, I'll be drooling over this all day! ;)

 
At November 22, 2011 at 8:41 AM , Anonymous April said...

Wow...these look like a little bit of heaven...thanks for sharing!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, YUM! Who needs lunch? I'll just pile my plate with these beauties~

 
At November 22, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE rice krispies treats and you just brought them up to the next level! Wow! Thanks for sharing this great recipe, simple and delish! My little sisters will love these =]

 
At November 22, 2011 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous janet@fromcupcakestocaviar said...

I've mentioned before that I'm not a big fan of peanut butter but I have to say; these look yummy enough to make me change my mind, Erin!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie said...

I keep forgetting it is peanut butter lover's month! I don't think I have posted a single PB thing yet, ah! No wonder I've been cranky... haha. These look like a good way to balance out the deprivation.

As for black friday, I don't usually go shopping. My family doesn't really do big presents exchanges anymore. And the presents that I do give are either homemade or small things I have collected throughout the year.

 
At November 22, 2011 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous Chrissy said...

Oh man these look good! I love rice krispey treats of all sorts!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Is it peanut butter lover's month? Well who knew? It's the right month for me, then. These look fantastic, and it just so happens that I am posting a pb recipe tomorrow.

 
At November 22, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

I just made Nutella rice krispies treats last week... this is definitely next in the queue!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger grubarazzi said...

You had me at peanut butter!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Anonymous Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family said...

I avoid Black Friday like the plague. I cannot stand the crowds and getting up early all in the name of a deal.
These treats look fantastic though and would definitely make any day a little brighter.

 
At November 22, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

You know these are right up my alley. I am such a peanut butter lover. That picture with your son is awesome!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Steph said...

I think every month should be peanut butter lovers month! Especially if it means that I can have these every month!!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

Whoa those are amazing!! I love peanut butter...I haven't had ANY this month I don't think which is strange for me because I love it haha. I will have to make these and get my fix

 
At November 22, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh my heck! I totally pinned this with a "MAKE THIS NOW" urgency to it! Yum!!! And I love the picture with your son peaking down. Too cute!!!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 2:19 PM , Anonymous Cucina49 said...

Those are insane! I have a friend who made something similar like this in law school, and it was one of the few things for which I was willing to break my diet!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh. My. Goodness. These are awesome! I'm a huge PB&C lover and these...well I think I could even get my husband to eat them and he hates rice krispies. YUM!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

Be still my heart.. these are my kind of treat. I would eat that whole plate if I could. I love peanut butter and put chocolate with it.. fugaddaboutit! :) I usually am crazy about Black Friday, but this year I'm not that excited. Maybe I'll be more excited once I see the ads. :) Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!! ~ Ramona

 
At November 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

A contender for world's best recipe? I think so. Peanut butter, chocolate and no cooking! Totally buzzed

 
At November 22, 2011 at 4:37 PM , Anonymous Steve @ the black peppercorn said...

OH MY WORD!! I love chocolate and peanut butter together. This looks like it would be a cracker of a dessert! Great post.

 
At November 22, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I not know it was peanut butter lover's month? My pb obsession is a bit ridiculous. These bars look fantastic. And the Trader Joe's mini pb cups are the BEST. x

 
At November 22, 2011 at 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic! I love the flavor combinations and it's nice to see you posting!

As for Black Friday - I absolutely, positively do NOT go shopping....plus I'm done with my Christmas shopping already!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a peanut butter lover. My father-in-law is too. I always have to make something peanut buttery for his x-mas gift. I have probably told you that before. These look fantastic and I love that they are no bake so you can whip these up while you have cookies in the oven. 'Tis the season, after all! I'm off to catch up on your other posts and see how your move went :) Happy Holidays!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum yum yum yum!!! And yes, my sister-in-law & I go Black Friday shopping together. I usually get all of my shopping done in one day, which makes it worth braving the crowds.

 
At November 22, 2011 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Looks really good. My brother is a pb fanatic so I'll have to make these for him for Christmas. I'm a Canuck so it's just another weekend for us.

 
At November 23, 2011 at 12:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture with your son peeking into your photoshoot :)
My kids do that all the time
These really sound heavenly! everything you love in one bar wow

 
At November 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM , Anonymous Eileen said...

I'm definitely adding these to my Christmas cookie list! You know me and my love for PB... I don't do Black Fridays - too insane for me - lol! Happy Thanksgiving Erin:)

 
At November 24, 2011 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Yum, yumm..those look so delicious!!! Congrats on top 9, Erin!!! Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!!!

 
At November 24, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Apron Appeal said...

Ha, my kids are always doing funny things to get themselves into the pictures of food. it's part of the game we all play when it comes food picture time.

 
At November 24, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

These look delicious! Wondering if they would freeze well?? i'd like to pre-make some cookies and treats for the holiday season. Thanks :)

 
At November 24, 2011 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Tiffany - I think they would freeze just fine. You can free a regular Rice Krispie Treat, so I think these would work the same. Just put in an air tight container for max of about 2 months! Let me know if you like them!

 
At November 24, 2011 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I'd certainly love to sink my teeth into those...yum!

 
At November 26, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Sara said...

YUM, these look amazing!! I LOVE regular rice krispy treats, and these look even better!

 
At November 28, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Anonymous Ally said...

Can I just echo what everyone else has said!? These look HEAVENLY!
xo
http://allykayler.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home