This Page

has been moved to new address

Pumpkin Pie Cups with Eat Yourself Skinny

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Pumpkin Pie Cups with Eat Yourself Skinny

Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Cups with Eat Yourself Skinny

The movers finally delivered our stuff!!  I spent the ENTIRE day unpacking, and it really doesn't look like I did very much.  We did manage to clear out the garage so we can park both cars in there, that is huge!  My Kitchen Aid is unpacked and all set up :)  Everything else is still a complete mess.  I think it will take at least a week to get everything set up. 

Since I have yet to cook much in the last week, today I bring you Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny.  Kelly has a great site offering tasty healthy recipes.  Plus gorgeous pictures! Make sure you go visit her and tell her I said Hi!



Hello there lovely readers of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts!  I’m Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny and I’m super excited to be guest posting today!  I absolutely adore Erin {as I’m sure you all do as well!} so when she asked me to share a recipe on her blog while she was moving this week, I was completely thrilled!



There is just something about Fall that makes me LOVE this season more than any other.  Maybe it’s the cute scarves and boots we get to get all bundled up in or the pretty foliage that starts to poke its way out once the summer heat has faded away, but either way my favorite part about Fall would have to be the abundance of pumpkin recipes!  Whether I’m starting my morning off with a pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks or enjoying a delicious pumpkin muffin for breakfast, this Fall favorite can add flare to any old recipe.  So of course I just had to do something fun and festive for Erin!



I chose to make delicious Pumpkin Pie Cups which are perfect healthy alternatives to your typical slice of indulgent pumpkin pie.  Best part is you can have one whole bowl for only 172 calories and ZERO grams of fat!

Yes I said zero.

Doesn’t get much better than that and I promise you they taste delicious.  I loved the slight crunch the cornflakes added to this dish and the combination of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg was amazing!  Make these for guests at your next dinner party or throw this together when you want to indulge in something sweet without having the unnecessary calories.  It’s so quick and easy! 



Note to self however, when taking pictures…make sure to strategically place the spoons so you can’t see yourself AND your camera in them.  FAIL.  Oh well!  Hope you enjoy these treats as much as I did!

Pumpkin Pie Cups
______________________________

Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 dish 
Calories: 172
Fat: 0 g
Carbs: 37 g 
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 6 g
Old Points: 3.2 pts
Points+: 4 pts
______________________________

Here are your ingredients:
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home cookbook

1/4 cup coarsely crushed cornflakes
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar, divided
1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
1/4 tsp. + 1/8 tsp. ground ginger, divided
3/4 cup fat-free milk
3/4 cup solid-pack pumpkin
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/3 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  For topping, combine cornflakes, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. ginger in a small bowl.  Mix well and set aside.

For filling, heat milk in small saucepan over medium heat.  Do not boil.  Combine pumpkin, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, corn syrup, cornstarch, remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ginger and nutmeg in large bowl.

Stir hot milk into pumpkin mixture.  Add egg substitute and whisk until smooth.  Pour into four 6 oz. oven proof custard cups or ramekins.  Sprinkle evenly with topping.  Place cups in a baking pan and carefully add hot water to about 3/4-inch depth. 

Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Enjoy!



Thanks again for inviting me to guest post Erin!  If you’d like to see more skinny recipes or just want to stop over and say hi, check out my blog any time!

XOXO

Labels: , , , ,

26 Comments:

At November 18, 2011 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Rita said...

Thank you for this recipe a must try.
Rita

 
At November 18, 2011 at 9:23 AM , Anonymous Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie said...

I see that the important item was unpacked first ;-) loving all the guest posts, but I can't wait to see what you make first in your new kitchen!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Katie said...

Thanks for this guest recipe post... it looks delicious!
Katie

 
At November 18, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Thanks so much for having me Erin! Looks great!! xoxo

 
At November 18, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Pretend Chef said...

Great recipe Kelly. I would love to give these a try. Erin, I am happy to hear that you are getting unpacked and safely to the new home. Can't wait to see some yummies from the kitchen again.

 
At November 18, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Anonymous Kiri W. said...

Wow, this sounds completely awesome and wayyyyy impossible at these nutritional stats! I'll have to make this *very* soon!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 10:23 AM , Anonymous Lauren at Keep It Sweet said...

These look delicious and what a great idea for the topping! Great guest post:-)

 
At November 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Kate from Scratch said...

What a wonderful guest post! they look phenomenal and for a healthy treat, even better! Holy heck that's a lot less time at the gym, too. Can't beat that!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Lindselicious said...

Love these and cant wait to make them!!! The fact that these are healthy are such a plus too. Awesome guest post!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous Bree said...

Sounds great-Can't believe they are zero grams of fat. Woo hoo! Good luck moving :)

 
At November 18, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Liz @ Southern Charm said...

LOVEEEE! And no fat? This is the way to dessert!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

These sound absolutely lovely. I adore how healthy pumpkin is. Great post!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Bravo Kelly! Not only are you amazing for helping out with Erin's move, but you've brought an amazing pumpkin dish to the party. These look fantastic. And it's cute to see your picture in the spoon. :)

 
At November 18, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look wonderful, such a great way to enjoy the traditional flavors without all the fat and calories - thanks!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Lovely! I cannot wait to try this out. Best wishes with all of the unpacking!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Anonymous janet@cupcakestocaviar said...

So glad you got all your things delivered ok Erin! And so glad you picked Kelly to do this guest post because this sounds fantastic! Great recipe, Kelly!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Taylor said...

Fall is my favorite season too - I love everything about it! These look delicious!!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These sound so yummy!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 10:32 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Lovin' this recipe from Kelly! These look so delicious and would be a great, healthier dessert for Thanksgiving!

 
At November 19, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Anonymous Eva kitcheninspirations.wordpress.com said...

This looks seriously decadent but it is obviously not! Great switch up to a traditionally unhealthy recipe!

 
At November 19, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

LOVE that your Kitchen Aid is unpacked ... and LOVE the cornflakes on top of these pumpkin pie cups!

 
At November 19, 2011 at 9:27 PM , Anonymous Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

I did that one time too, only the reflection was of my cat licking her inappropriate parts! I thought, seriously?!

 
At November 20, 2011 at 2:23 AM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Erin- Glad your belongings made it to you. Must be a huge relief.
Kelly- You are a skinny rock star! I cannot get over this having 0 fat. Wowsers, pretty and skinny. Winning combo. Both you and your recipe. xx

 
At November 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Erin, these sound delicious. I always love to visit here. I never leave empty handed. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

 
At November 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous kita said...

How freakin cute is Kelly? I would have never been able to come up with a pumpkin recipe that has 0 grams of fat (who am I kidding, I wouldn't have been able to come up with any recipes that have no fat!!!). I saw these the other day and was in awe at how beautiful they were!
Im glad your finally unpacking and hope everything continues to move along for you!

 
At November 20, 2011 at 11:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific recipe! Erin, we miss you like crazy, but you have some terrific blogger friends this week and I've enjoyed them immensely!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home